Top 7 Best Dump Truck Brands for 2021
What are the best dump truck brands for 2021 in the USA? This article will go over each dump truck manufacturer. We’re evaluating these truck brands based on quality, price, popularity, and market share.
Here’s our list of the top 7 best dump truck brands for 2021. We’ve listed them from seventh to first. Scroll down to find out who leads the pack. Or click the brand link to jump to their section.
Navistar International Corporation (formerly International Harvester Company) is an American holding company that owns the manufacturer of International brand commercial trucks, IC Bus school, and commercial buses, Workhorse brand chassis for motorhomes and step vans, and is a private-label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van, and SUV markets. The company is also a provider of truck and diesel engine parts and services.
International makes medium-duty and severe-duty dump trucks. International has four models to choose from and configure to your work needs.
- HV Series
- HX Series
- International WorkStar
Volvo Trucks is one of the leading heavy truck and engine manufacturers in the world. Today, Volvo Trucks manufactures a broad line of on-highway and vocational Class 8 vehicles.
Dump trucks have to be tough, period. If there’s a pile of dirt on the job site, you drive over it. If there’s a pool of water, you drive through it. And you do it day after day.
That’s exactly the truck Volvo built the Volvo VHD to be. If you didn’t know better, you’d think it was built out of cast iron with a thousand horses under the hood. It’s that strong, rugged, and dependable. In other words, it’s just what you need to get the job done.
- The axle-forward VHD 300-day cab is a perfect solution when payload requirements demand a bridge-law complaint wheelbase. It offers an easily customizable chassis, up to nine power take-off options, and a factory-installed piston or gear pump.
- The axle-back VHD 300-day cab is ideal for job sites that demand tighter turns. The cab offers amazing visibility for a more panoramic view of the work area. And the axle back configuration offers Volvo’s best turning radius for dump applications.
- The VNR 300 cab brings the precise refinement of the driving environment to a lightweight, efficient day cab. The cab interior is thoughtfully organized to keep daily-route drivers productive, comfortable, and happy.
5. Western Star
Western Star produces a range of Class 8 commercial vehicles for both highway and off-road use. Western Star specializes in trucks tailored to customer specifications. Every Western Star offers several sleeper box sizes, with chassis lengths of up to 486 inches depending on the model.
- Western Star 6900 is a severe duty dump truck. When you need to tackle the biggest and toughest jobs, there’s only one truck out there – the Western Star 6900. As a tractor, it can pull loads over 500,000 pounds all day long. And with a body and it can move 80,000. Add in the engine choices and build options, and you’ve got a truck that’s as versatile as it is powerful.
- Western Star 4700 is tough and versatile, the 4700 is more than just a great value. It’s a great truck. Its excellent efficiency and maneuverability make it perfect for local and regional hauls as a tractor, while its rugged dependability gives you the performance you can count on for almost any vocational application.
- The Western Star 4800 offers incredible performance and durability in a 109-inch BBC package, meaning you can get that performance in and out of tight spots. Featuring a streamlined cab, Western Star’s legendary toughness, and loads of options, you can build to suit any job – no matter how tight the site
Freightliner is America’s most popular and best-selling semi-trucks. They also make several models of severe and vocational dump trucks.
Construction-industry professionals know the value of a quality, dependable, low-maintenance dump truck that can take on any task. Freightliner dump trucks are rigorously tested to ensure quality and longevity, increasing productivity on any job site and helping you get the job done on time and within budget.
No matter what type of load you’re hauling, Freightliner offers a wide variety of dump truck sizes and specs. From superior visibility to a spacious, ergonomic cab, our dump trucks help drivers stay comfortable and productive from the worksite to the dumpsite. Freightliner is dedicated to building superior dump trucks that meet your needs.
Currently, Freightliner makes the following models of dump truck:
- M2 106
Mack Trucks, Inc., is an American truck manufacturing company and a former manufacturer of buses and trolleybuses. Founded in 1900 as the Mack Brothers Company, it manufactured its first truck in 1907 and adopted its present name in 1922. Mack Trucks is a subsidiary of AB Volvo which purchased Mack along with Renault Trucks in 2000.
- The Mack Granite dump truck is a powerful, durable, and versatile dump truck that can handle any job.
- The Mack Granite Medium Heavy Duty (MHD) dump truck is ideally configured for shorter runs and lighter-duty cycles, Granite MHD reduces weight without sacrificing durability and comes in Class 7 and Class 8 configurations.
Peterbilt Motors Company, founded in 1939, is an American manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty trucks. A subsidiary of Paccar, which also owns fellow heavy-duty truck manufacturer Kenworth.
For 80 years, Peterbilt has supplied the North American commercial vehicle market with the industry’s most rugged, reliable, and efficient products. Based in Denton, Texas, Peterbilt manufactures on the highway, vocational and medium-duty trucks that provide value to their owners and pride to their drivers.
Peterbilt is an iconic trucking brand. Their red oval design script style lettering logo can be found on trucker clothing, truck hats, and more. Peterbilt makes up about 13 percent market share. Peterbilt is an iconic and beloved trucker brand.
- Peterbilt currently manufactures several models of vocational and medium-duty dump trucks. The Peterbilt 389 is an iconic open highway dump truck.
- The Peterbilt 567 dump truck comes in a wide range of configurations and axles that can fit your needs.
- The Peterbilt 367 dump truck is a rugged and versatile vocational dump truck with a 123” BBC.
- The Peterbilt 348 dump truck is a medium-duty high-performance workhorse.
- The Peterbilt 337 is a medium-duty is configurable as a Class 7 truck and is ideal for a wrecker, tanker, and dump truck for municipal work.
Kenworth is an American manufacturer of medium and heavy-duty Class 8 trucks with offices based in Kirkland, Washington, a suburb of Seattle. Kenworth is one of three major truck divisions and brands under parent company PACCAR.
Founded in 1912 by the brothers George T. and Louis Gerlinger JR as a car and truck dealership known as Gerlinger Motor Car Works. In 1914, they decided to build their own truck with a more powerful inline six-cylinder engine, the first put into a commercial truck.
Kenworth has majorly grown since 1912 with annual revenue of 19.1 billion dollars. With an estimated 154,000+ trucks sold in 2015 and pushed out Peterbilt slightly. They have about a 14% market share.
Kenworth has several models of trucks that can be converted to a dump truck.
Kenworth dump truck models are as follows:
- Kenworth T800 dump truck
- Kenworth T880 dump truck
- Kenworth W900 dump truck
- Kenworth T370 dump truck
- Kenworth T440 dump truck
- Kenworth T470 dump truck
Kenworth is our best dump truck brand for 2021. It’s hard to beat the quality and features of a Kenworth truck. But all these dump truck brands are great. Every driver has their own personal favorite truck brand to drive.
We would love to get thought in the comment section. Let us know what your favorite dump truck brand is.
If you don’t currently own a dump truck and you’re looking to buy one, check out our great selection of new and used dump trucks from some of the best dump truck dealerships around the nation.
Need Dump Truck Financing?
If you need dump truck financing we’ve partnered with one of the best dump truck financing companies, TopMark Funding. TopMark specializes in commercial trucks and equipment. With over 25+ funding sources TopMark is going to have plenty of financing options for you. Fill out the contact form below and one of their truck finance specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your financing and business goals.