Dump Truck Financing
Are you looking to buy a new or used dump truck and need to get dump truck financing. We’ve partnered with one of the nation’s best dump truck financing companies, TopMark Funding®.
Whether you purchase a Kenworth dump truck, Mack dump truck, Peterbilt dump truck, or any other brand of dump truck, TopMark Funding has a used or new dump truck financing program for you.
TopMark Funding® has been helping business owners like you grow their fleets and increase their revenue by offering expert advice, flexible terms, low down payments, and great rates for qualified customers. They can tailor a dump truck lease or dump truck loan to fit your monthly budget, improve cash flow, and help grow your business.
Apply today for a no-obligation dump truck financing quote. TopMark Funding’s application process is straightforward, fast, and easy. Don’t worry, they do a soft inquiry on your credit. No hard inquiries and no negative impact on your personal or business credit score.
Get a Risk-Free Quote Today
Dump Truck Financing Requirements
When it comes to dump truck financing, the dump truck you decide to purchase becomes the collateral, which helps to limit the lender’s risk. By reducing the risk you’re more likely to be qualified for dump truck financing.
Several factors will determine your dump financing term, interest rate, and down payment. Here’s a list of all the dump truck financing requirements and factors that determine your eligibility and financial requirements.
- Credit Score – 650 or Above for the Best Dump Truck Financing Rates.
- Time in Business with a CDL License – 3+ Years Preferred (But We Can Finance Start-ups Too!)
- Down Payment Amount – How Much Can You Afford to Put Down on Your dump truck.
Making smart choices with dump truck financing is critical to any trucking company. Having up-to-date equipment to maximize efficiency and stay in compliance with the ever-changing regulations is important to a company’s growth and sustainability.
How Credit Affects Dump Truck Financing
When it comes to getting a new or used dump truck financing, your credit score can play a big role. When shopping for dump truck financing for your new dump truck, you need to keep your credit health in mind. A lot of truckers actually harm their credit by applying haphazardly to any and or every company that promises they can get them the dump truck of their dreams.
What actually happens is a LOT of hard inquiries on your credit report. Remember, each hard inquiry can ding you up to 10 points. If you apply to 4 places, that’s enough to drop your score a whole credit grade.
Dealers are another avenue you want to be wary of in regards to credit. When you “apply” or see if you can get financed for a dump truck you like at a dealership, what that dealer often does is send your information around to any bank or company they think you can get approved at. Again, this leads to unnecessary hard inquiries.
Don’t worry, there are companies out there that can get approved for dump truck financing without harming your credit. TopMark Funding can help you by getting you pre-approved with just a soft inquiry. This way, you can see your rates without any damage done to your credit or commitment from you.
Breakdown of Fico Score Ranges
Being knowledgeable about the process and what it means in terms of credit will help you make the best choices.
Statistically speaking, most people’s credit scores fall between the range of 600 to 720.
- 300-579: A score in this range is considered Very Poor. Credit applicants with a score in this range will often be required to pay larger fees and deposits, or sometimes may not be approved for credit at all. 16% of people have a score in this range.
- 580-669: Scores between the 580 mark to the higher 600s are called Fair credit scores. Often, people with scores in this range will be referred to as subprime borrowers. A total of 17% of people have a credit score in this range.
- 670-739: This range is referred to as Good. Individuals with scores this high have a much lower rate of default. Statistically, about 8% of applicants with a Good range credit score will become seriously delinquent. Around 21% of people have a score in this range.
- 740-799: People with scores in mid to top 700s are in the range of Very Good. Borrowers with scores in this range will receive better than average interest rates from banks and lenders. 25% of people have a score in this range.
- 800-850: The top of the scale is considered an Exceptional credit score. Individuals with a credit score above 800 receive the best rates from lenders. Around 21% of people have scores between 800-850.
What Affects Your Credit Score
- Payment History – This shows if you’ve made your payments on time or at all.
- Credit Utilization Rate – How much of your credit you are using on your credit cards.
- Type, amount, and age of credit accounts – Lenders want to see diversity on your credit report. Having a good mix of credit cards, a car loan, and maybe a mortgage helps your score.
- Total Debt Owed – This is the amount you owe in loans and how much is on your cards.
- Bankruptcies, Child Support Due, Public Records – Filing for bankruptcy or having a large amount of delinquent child support will hurt your score.
- New Credit Accounts – Opening a lot of accounts in a short period of time can hurt your score. If you have gotten too many loans or credit cards in a 2-year period, it can ding you.
- Hard Inquiries – The number of times a lender has requested your credit information will affect your score. These searches stay on your report for two years.
NEW OR USED DUMP TRUCK?
Here’s the fun part of the dump truck financing process: shopping for your new dump truck! When shopping for dump trucks for sale you need to keep in mind some requirements the lenders have.
We always recommend buying your new or used dump truck from a reputable dump truck dealer.
If you’re not sure which dump truck dealer in your area is reputable, give us a call and we’ll have some suggestions at (866) 916-3780. We have a list of great dealers throughout the US.
- Make, Model, Year (Less than 10 years)
- Mileage (Less than 700k)
- The dump truck needs to be for your intended use.
- Condition Report
- Any past major repairs.
- Preferably sold by a dump truck dealer.
- Serial Number of the truck.
- Is the dump truck new or used
- Minimum of 3 pictures
Lenders want to make sure the dump truck you’re trying to buy is a good investment for you and will last the duration of the financing term. Also, the truck is the collateral for the financing.
If something were to happen and you can no longer afford to pay the lease or loan back, the lender will need to repossess the dump truck and recover their capital.
DUMP TRUCK INSURANCE
Before you get approved and obtain your dump truck lease or loan, you’ll need to have dump truck insurance. Commercial truck lenders will make sure you have good dump truck insurance. Just like your personal vehicle, you’ll need good insurance for your truck.
Just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for. Your dump truck and business are valuable assets and you don’t want to be under-insured and liable for the potentially massive repair and legal bills.
Dump truck lenders require you to have the following coverage:
- Liability coverage
- Physical damage coverage
- Bobtail coverage for non-trucking use
- Cargo and storage coverage that covers what you’re hauling
If you own a fleet of dump trucks and have employees driving for you, you’re going to need workers’ compensation. Contact your local business insurance agent for more details.
Lenders will not allow you to finalize the deal without the correct type of insurance for a dump truck. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your finance specialist. (866) 916-3780
TIME IS MONEY!
TopMark Fundings process is quick and easy. They know how important it is to get you funded fast and back on the road in your new dump truck. The faster you’re on the road, the faster you can make more money.
Click the “Get Started Now” button to start our quick and easy application process. The faster you start, the faster you GET PAID! – If you can’t wait? Give TopMark Funding a call now (866) 916-3780